Sunday 26 May 2019

DFI- The Data Deal

The Data Deal

The Manaiakalani ethos ...

 of connecting all to enable strength through collaboration is reflected in the power of blogging! A successful example of this is our DFI groups weekly reflections through our blogs ... this enables us to share our weekly creations. thinking ans skills for others to return to to deepen our thinking and skill!


Google Maps ...

 is an underutilised tool in our classrooms and one that can bring the world, our place and our country into the classroom.
This is the beginning of My Digital Pepeha supported by Google Maps.




Google forms ...

 are an easy and effective way to gather information for a class, school or community. Quick to make and information being easily gathered, aggregated and shared makes this a valuable tool for me as a teacher and leader in our school. Here is a quick sample of a Google Form I have made to gather student information for my class. 



Google Sheets ...

Google Sheets is an area that at this stage I have not used or had the need to use. I have however discovered Steve Dotto from dottotech on youtube. I have the confidence through DFI to know that if I was required to create a google sheet for a task that I would be able to locate the information I require. In fact ...  I have such confidence in Steve that with the skills I have learnt through DFI that I have made a youtube playlist of the relevant clips I require to make the learning more accessible!

This is all part of the Manaiakalani philosophy that supports learning being accessible to ...

... Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere!

I have been mindful of the rewindable learning for my students and their families through the use of our class Google Site! I ensure that I share the learning for all to revisit so that they can deepen their understanding, share their learning and show their families their thinking!

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Joanne, I can see how this post will be contributing to your learning to be more digitally fluent and towards to google exam.
    Love that you could use your skills to make a playlist of the videos you need.
    Ngā mihi,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Maria for your support throughout our learning journey ... I love the new skills and confidence that I now have with technology and the power of the knowing and the skill to skills to learn what I need to know!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Joanne, I love your blog and this post highlights how many skills you have learned through the DFI and are applying to support your ongoing learning. We've come a long way since we first started - go you, setting up your own dedicated learning playlists on YouTube and creating your own rewindable learning platform - so powerful!

    Have a great week and all the very best with the exam! Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo ... the DFI was a very powerful platform for really mastering the skills of communicating more effectively with Technology and learning the endless ways in which it can assist us. I look forward to our next professional catch-up to hear your latest accomplishments!

      Delete