Friday 3 May 2019

DFI - Being View-able ... Enabling Access

Being View-able ... Enabling Access 

Why connect through 'Digital Devices'? 

Today through a Google Hangout session, I gained a deeper understanding about the Manaiakalani Kaupapa and pedagogy from Dorothy Burt that while Face to Face is always the preferred and BEST way to connect ... when there are barriers to this through time and distance, why miss out on the experience ... connect online and enjoy the experience! This way we are far from support and growth through the power of many!

What works on a Google Site? (For Me!!)

Clear, simple, bright ... colour coordinated, theme based, one click are all aspects of sites that I am attracted to. Exploring other web-pages today provided me with an opportunity to gain knowledge on the set up and presentation of a variety webpages to give me ideas of how to improve my page. A valuable tip was learning about incognito and ensuring that it is turned on is an important aspect so that I can be assured that when my students and their families go on to view, explore and enjoy my web-page they are able to to have access. This skill will ensure that as a professional I have confidence in my capability to build a high quality page! 


Consistency of Branding!

Developing a theme to run through all professional digital platforms is a fabulous way to ensure that people are following the right ME! I, alongside a colleague today learnt the skill of adding Favicons!! Such fun!


The Greedy Cat Favicon shown above takes you to my class-webpage. 

Web-Page Reflection and Review

My class web-page was peer reviewed today to give me feedback on its workability for students and whanau. We kept in mind the fact that it is for New Entrants and that I have not at this stage been a part of the Manaiakalani         'In-Class Facilitation' Programme. For my learners benefit I now know how to view my web-page from my laptop in Ipad view so that I can see how it will look for them on an Ipad. I have adapted the set up of my webpage to include the use of headings and subheadings so that there is a link provided to make connecting the page and our Facebook page smoother. Hermon and I discussed the possibility of teaching the children how to indicate how they are feeling each day. We have come up with the Minion theme of happy and sad icons that the children can put their names under. Over time as we explore feelings we can add onto our choices. This can be photocopied 

Personally Enhanced

The digital skills I am learning through the DFI are helping me to be more efficient across so many platforms. I feel that I am questioning what I do and ask myself is this the best way to do this? I use the beauty of google to explore the possibilities of what can add value and time to my life.


1 comment:

  1. Joanne, I'm loving your growth mindset, questioning yourself and being open to new ideas and ways of doing things is a great way to be and your learners (& colleagues) will surely benefit.
    Your sight is looking great, with lots of pieces of rewindable learning. Perhaps you could add some math resources at some stage too? My 2 year old loves the Freddy Bear books too, in fact one of them helped him in his transition into a big boy bed! We read the book and the next night he said, "I want to sleep in the big bed tonight, Bye bye Cot!"

    ReplyDelete