Friday 17 May 2019

DFI - The Final Frontier - Week Nine

Revision

Today was all about reviewing the distance traveled after Nine INTENSIVE weeks of ICT learning. The Manaiakalani kaupapa of making learning visible, rewindable and equitable has certainly been reflected for me in the past few weeks as I have built up to taking on an exam.

I was able to use the skills that this DFI has taught me to view youtube, rewind skills taught in prior focuses and to save information all in readiness to sit the Google Level One exam! While not achieving the exam this time I am certainly close enough to had a resit in 14 days time. The challenge was real and my efforts stellar!!

I have learnt that learning is never ending and with the support of GOOGLE and a network of colleagues every challenge is achievable ... if not at first most certainly soon after!!

I learnt that the struggle is where the learning takes place and it is through the struggle that we achieve. It has been too long since I was last challenged in the way that I expect my learners to be challenged and this was a good feeling and a timely reminder how good ... no great ... achieving feels after the struggle!!

The skills I have learnt in applying the different tools and apps to assist me in keeping order in a busy life have been invaluable. Thanks to a fantastic SMART phone support, advice, planning, assessment and lists is never far away. Sharing across many devices and with teaching colleagues life is certainly much SMARTER!
 These pictures are a reflection from last weeks learning where I introduced my class of 5 year olds to CODING UNPLUGGED! Such fun ... I could see so many curriculum skills being covered as well as collaboration and communication. The list of learning skills was endless!!

A HUGE thank you to our fabulously patient and knowledgeable facilitators Maria, Amie, Step and Herman. Meeting new faces and learning partners has also been a highlight of the DFI experience!!


4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Jo,
    Great to be able to reflect on the progress you have made in being digital fluent and to sit in the place of a learner. I agree achieving does feel great after the struggle. Keep on learning as you have been both during the DFI and before.

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 'Learning Pit' is real!! Been there, climbed out ... going there again! Thank your for the experiences we have shared over the last 9 weeks!!

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Joanne, I love that you were able to apply the coding unplugged activity straight into your classroom. You've had a great attitude to all our new learning, and I appreciate that even though you didn't get the level 1 first try, you are excited about resitting it again soon! Great perseverance. With your increased digital capability, you've now got the tools to keep learning, as you say GOOGlE will help! It's been a pleasure working with you the past few months and I look forward to following your journey.
    Nga Mihi
    Stef

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely meeting you Stef and having the skills and support that you brought with you each week to share in our learning journey.
    I look forward to our next learning experience where ever that may be!!

    ReplyDelete