Friday 15 March 2019

DFI - Connecting with Each Other


Connecting with Each Other

Today my skills with google drawings increased as has my understanding of and ability ... you will notice this wee gem I created on google drawings has been added to this blog. Manaiakalani's kaupapa is all about empowering, challenging and added value to our personal and professional lives digitally and now after 3 sessions I am beginning to feel a little more accomplished!

Thanks to the assistance of a passionate blogging colleague I am also acquiring the skills to begin personalising my blog which I am now becoming more connected to.

I am beginning to add to my google slides skills in which I am creating my digital pepeha. I have added this below so you can see I am very basic at this stage. The great thing about everything connecting is that as I work on impact for my Digital Pepeha in drive it will also update here ... now isn't that clever!!



My challenge that I am continuing to solve is how best to communicate with my families and the purpose of BLOGGING!!
Til next week team...

6 comments:

  1. Kia ora Jo,

    Thanks for putting your challenge out there. It can be hard to change practices that are working well.
    Using a class blog gives a great visible record of your teaching over time. It also allows others to comment and to give more than a 'like'.
    I look forward to more discussion.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria ... I am feeling more confident about the idea of blogging and as someone suggested ... once I hook up with another class it may give the blog more of a purpose to kick me off!
      Watch this space as I certainly will be celebrating once I am up and running.

      Delete
  2. Awesome work today Joanne, You're taking the challenges head on and developing your digital skills more and more each week - you may not always feel like it, but you're picking it all up really fast - so well done!
    Remember to look back to the four guiding reflection questions as well
    What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?
    What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?
    What did I learn that could be used with my learners?
    What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?
    Till next week.
    S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I love that you've kept your colour scheme going throughout your blog, about me, and your pepeha ;) it's the little things

      Delete
    2. thank you ... purple is my feel good colour!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the advice given to my blogging Stef ... I will remember that next time. I was rushing a little as I spent extra time working on my Pepeha and solving and learning new skills there. I do get worried about getting back to things as my focus gets drawn to the urgent once back at school.

    ReplyDelete