Friday 29 March 2019

DFI - Daring to Dabble with Devices

Digitally Smart- Cyber Smart ... skills for life!

The Cyber Smart curriculum enables us to learn the skills to keep ourselves. When we teach learners to be Cyber Smart it takes away the opportunity to be UNKIND to others.
Using the Cyber Smart slides we explored the importance of Being Cyber Smart. Using Screencastify I created a video to share the learning around our 'Digital Footprint'.
Thanks to my new learning skills becoming part of who I am I now as I am more confident with HTML i have embedded my video, moved it around and added breaks.


Our online footprint ... what is my profile like? Watch this clip below to see how we would explore this with our students at school.





Hapara


A fabulous way to ease the monitoring and managing of students on devices. I can see current work, shared work, stored work and where the children have been on devices both at home and school Emails can be seen, passwords reset for the children and group emails sent to the children. This is a service that will support me once I have moved into 1-1 Devices with my class on ipads. This is tool I can see will enable me as a teacher to ensure that my students are being Cyber Smart! I will also be able to see all the children' ipads at once on my screen so at a glance can see where they are all working. I will be able to see their folders also to ensure that they have saved their work accurately.
The image below is a little something to think about and reinforces the purpose behind all our students using Chrome Books and encouraged by Manaiakalani. Manaiakalani carry out trials in classroom to ensure that we are using the best and most up-to-date devices! 

Explain Everything

This is an app for our ipads that I have been wanting to become more familiar with as it is highly recommended by Manaiakalani as a tool for Years 1-3 to use to share their thinking. I believe as I become more confident in this app that I will be able to create activities for the children to work with during learning time.


In my personal life gaining the knowledge and supporting information provided by Manaiakalani in SLIDES around Cyber Smart will help me to check my digital footprint and ensure that I am portrayed in a professional manner. 
I am also very excited about the fact that I am gaining the skills and practices of the Learn, Create, Share with Manaiakalani ahead of time before 2020 when my students and I will be supported in the 1-1 Device Programme.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Joanne, it's so great you're able to get a head start thinking about the tools you will be using next year when you go 1:1 with iPads. I hope that this makes for a really smooth transition for you and your learners will most definitely reap the rewards of a digitally fluent kaiako.
    Ngā Mihi
    Stef

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanne, I really enjoyed working alongside you last week. It's great to hear how your new skills are evolving so quickly. Not so long ago we were both shuddering at the mention of html and now you're embracing it and adding your own code in - well done!
    See you tomorrow for another day of fun digital learning. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoy our Fridays ... I really am going to miss them!! They have made my week just that much richer!!

    ReplyDelete