Friday 8 March 2019

DFI - Day Two - Untangling the Line!


Day Two


The hook from heaven is certainly a great description of the value added from the support given by Manaiakalani. The skills I am learning I can see now and in the future as I become more proficient will enable me to learn more with ease and to assist me in becoming digitally fluent.
I now find myself wondering as I go to create and share ... is this the best and most powerful platform to be sharing on or is there a better place. I don't always have the answer yet I am asking the question!
To support my shift from Face-Booking with my families to Blogging I have been introduced to an app ... If This Then That which will push my Blog Post to Facebook.
OOOOOOPS ... while setting up IFTTT ... it was discovered that my blog cannot be pushed to a closed FB page so this is important to be mindful of.
My next goal is to post at least once a week to my class blog and post the link to my class FB page. 
My purpose for blogging is to introduce the parents to Blogging so that as their children move through the school and grow into blogging themselves the parents will be more comfortable with this process.

Create, Share, Learn ... I will be using this Inquiry Cycle when I create a video recording using loom to navigate my families through our class webpage, Share it on my class blog and then the families can use it to learn how to get the best from our webpage ... Greedy Cat Learns
This week I have been introducing our set of iPads to the children as learning tools. To begin with, the children shared what they know about iPads and then a rule they have when using iPads. This was a very interesting conversation to be part of. On our class FB page I then asked the parents to share a rule they have at home for their children with iPads. I am now gaining an insight to where the families are at in iPad and device usage. The next step is for the class together to create our rules for iPad usage in our class.
A huge personal gain for me today has been around gmail and my organisation ... a goal is to clear my screen by next week ... 974 unmarked emails to now find homes! Google Keep is going to revolutionise my alerts, reminders and list making on both my phone and my laptop!
I am loving extensions ... knowing how to find them, add them and organise them. So this along with the bookmark bar are my new BEST organisational tools supported by One Tab!
Bring on Next Week ... ERO are visiting ans I am so READY!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Joanne, it was lovely to meet you. There is so much we can do with Google and it is refreshing to find ways to remind ourselves of things we need to do in our busy lives. I look forward to hearing from you after ERO in hour hangout. Tanya Mundy @ https://tchingprofessional.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tanya ... lively meeting you too. I hope I find my voice in our G.Hangout as I froze in today's activity ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evening Jo, (Lol...So many Jo's in our group!!!)

    Really impressed with you giving IFTTT a go - sorry it didn't end up being as useful as possible. I will keep investigating ways of making it work. I must also add that I am equally impressed by your goal to tame your 974 unmarked emails by next week! What a great way to embed those skills learnt today to power-up your workflow.

    Have a great week - will see you Monday.

    Kind regards,
    Herman
    https://gizzygeek4e.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Herman and thank you for the offer of coffee! Today as I am playing avoidance as ERO are soon to arrive I allowed myself to get lost in decluttering my emails and poster design ... along with tackling the
      Scavenger Hunt from week One ... I am on FIRE!

      Delete